What to Pack for an All-Inclusive Vacation!




Well, the time has almost come! I will be jet setting to the Caribbean in 4 short days! I have been (mostly mentally up to this point!) preparing myself for the daunting task of packing. I have made countless lists, trips to many, many stores, and constant reminders to the boy about things we need to not forget! This will be my first time leaving the country, so the extra preparation that also comes with that has left me rendered to 'cross my t's and dot my i's' on everything that I do!



Additionally, I will be staying at an all inclusive resort for the first time (ever!) while visiting Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Since it's all-inclusive, what do you really need to take with you!? I've done my research, and these are the main items I have gathered:



2-3 bathing suits and cover-ups. Since you'll be sea or poolside at a resort, it's best to think ahead and realize you may be hitting the pool or ocean more than once in a day. Just to be safe, you would want a dry bathing suit ready as your back-up.


Hats and sunscreen! While this may seem obvious, the way the sun hits the Caribbean is MUCH stronger than in America, and for girls (just like me) who have thin hair, my scalp is always the first to get burned! Might as well make a fashion statement with your beach hat and protect that head of yours!


A basic pair of true flip flops. I'm actually glad I thought of this one. Although I own many sandals, the truth is I don't wear actual flip flops. These would clearly come in extremely handy when it's time to slip them right off and run to the water!


Dresses, dresses, and... dresses! Guys, I may have gone overboard with packing lots of dresses, but it's the perfect time to wear sundresses! What better backdrop do you need besides the beach to wear a flowy dress? In my opinion, the brighter the better. You will be visiting such a colorful, tropical place! (Hint: I also looked up primary colors that women wear in the Dominican, just to take it a little further with how festive I may want to be! This may be a great idea for where you are visiting too!)


Books and magazines. If you're anything like me, you are planning on getting some good R&R in on your trip. I plan on reading as much as my heart desires beside the water. Just let that server of yours keep on with the unlimited margaritas!


Buying an international package plan with your phone carrier. If you're leaving the country, it's best to look into this feature. The last thing you would want is to return home to a hefty phone bill waiting for you. Without an international plan, it's too expensive to use (and you know you will want to at some point!)


Bug patches and bug spray. Although resorts should be pretty good about fumigating the property, you could still experience bugs near the ocean, out on excursions, or even leaving the resort to explore local cities. You would want to come prepared with patches/spray, because I can only imagine how much a resort would charge!


 Shorts for excursions. Speaking of excursions, pack accordingly! Wear something that you know will hold up during your adventures, and you many want to consider tennis shoes, too!


The right hair products. Take advantage of all that sea salt being in your hair and apply spray that gives you the natural, beachy waves that everyone loves during the summer. It's easy and effortless! Also consider taking leave in conditioner! My hair is so fine, that the second I move my head I have tangles. This stuff is a lifesaver when your hair is in and out of the water so much.


Make copies of your passport and visa! Some countries require different documentation to enter their country on top of  your US passport. Making copies of your documents, and placing them in each of your bags, is setting yourself up to be fully ready in case you lose your real documents. Also, emailing them to yourself is pretty smart too.


 Know the currency and exchange rate. Find out which currency is the most popular in the country you're visiting, and exchange your currency if needed. Always have cash with you while entering the country (but not too much) so you're always prepared to exchange.


Set a travel notice with your bank. Notify your bank on your travel dates and which cards you will be using while vacationing. The last thing you want to happen is to not have access to money because your cards are declined.


What not to bring: expensive jewelry, anything irreplaceable, and lots of makeup! You will not be needing a face full of makeup- you will more than likely be tanned and will not need it! :)


As you can see, it can take weeks of preparation before a trip to make sure you are fully ready and educated on what you need to know before you go. I hope this list has helped and encouraged you to feel better about all of the prep work! Hopefully the thought of packing doesn't scare you off and instead, leaves you feeling confident that you are ready for departure! :)


Anything I missed!? Share below- we can all learn a thing or two from each other.


Until next time, America!



No comments