Recap: Bestie Box

Hey gals!

Today I wanted to post on a newer tradition that one of my best friends and I recently started. Although we have been best friends for 15 years, time has marched on, lives change, and we have created our own lives. (You know, the adult things that happen, post college).  
We currently live about 30 miles away from each other; not terrible but not convenient. Plus, she is super busy caring for her baby girl! We have decided
to send each other a box full of small gifts- soirees if you will. I am going to be completely honest, I did not come up with this idea on my own, although I wish I could say I did! We have added our own personal touches though that complement our friendship.

How the Bestie Box works:

1) Get in touch with one of your gal pals that would enjoy having fun mail days.
2) It may sometimes be best to pick a theme such as a season, holiday, accomplishment, birthday, etc. so you're able to have something to follow as you're filling your box. Also, the box you purchase is small enough to squeeeze in your mailbox, nothing crazy needed. :)
3) Slowly gather small, inexpensive gifts that you know your BFF would like. This is best done while you're out and about, finding cute things over time! This does not mean your gifts have to be expensive- Target dollar aisle hits the sweet spot!
4) Optional: Get creative! Decorate the inside of your box to throw in a little more fun as your bestie is opening her gift.


Below you will find the boxes that my bestie Brooke and I sent to each other a few weeks ago. We had a theme too, which was Spring!



This is the box that I put together and sent to Brooke. Let me tell you, it was so. much. fun. After I shipped it, I wanted to turn around and do another! A few of the items that were included are some fun socks (with sprinkles!), nail polish, EOS hand lotion, make-up remover wipes, and goldfish crackers. Oh and pink. Lots of pink!






A few days later, I received my bestie box in the mail! I got super excited and sat down on my rug just to take in all the PINK! (Clearly we had the same idea here- which I don't mind since pink is my favorite color.) A few of the items I received was a keychain wallet, fun pens, EOS lip balm, nail polish, make-up remover pads, and a notepad! 

As you can see, Bestie Boxes are fun. Once again, who would not want to receive pretty snail mail, especially from a friend or family member that you don't get to see often? 

We have already planned our next bestie box, which will be shipping in June! This one is going to be summer themed, and I may have already bought something to go in it! Maybe. Ok yes, I did.... but that's what the Bestie Box is all about- buying things along the way that you'll know will complete your gift. The buying journey is part of the fun!


I hope you've enjoyed reading about our gift giving. Once the new packages roll out, expect an update!


Do any of you guys have any traditions with your long distance friends? Feel free to share- the more inspiration, the better!


Peace, love, and pink....








No comments