Restaurant Recap: Bangkok & Thyme

Hey gals!
 Allow me to tell you a little something about myself right quick: I love food. Yes. All foods. And I am always up for trying new food from different ethnicities. When you get to experience this, it’s almost like getting a small taste of traveling- you learn about another culture, and it makes you appreciate the differences in this world.

Although I say I like all foods, I am also conscious
about what I eat- I strive to eat clean and make the best choices about 80% of the time. (Except sweets, those will get you…)

With food being on my mind, I decided to blog on a new (to me) restaurant that I went to tonight. Atlanta has SO many food spots
to try out. SO MANY. My list of restaurants are never-ending! Here is a review of where I went tonight: 



Bangkok and Thyme

Bangkok and Thyme is located off Roswell Rd inside the Perimeter. I have been eyeing this place since moving to Atlanta. I knew they were known for sushi, but I was curious to see what else they had to offer. I happened to find a deal on Scoutmob for this restaurant, and I took advantage of the situation. (By the way, Scoutmob is where. it’s. at. If you don’t use it, you NEED to for great deals!)

The atmosphere holds fancy décor, but it’s still casual to just walk in right after work. The entire staff was very nice! Everything on their menu looked delicious, but I was also pretty hungry. We decided to get an appetizer to start us off.


Squid Rings with sweet and sour chili sauce.


These babies were pretty good, and the sauce really topped them off.


For dinner, I ordered two types of Sushi rolls. One was the ‘Super Crunch’ filled with crab, tempura flakes, masago and mayo, and topped with smoked salmon and eel sauce. It was top notch! The other roll was the 'Dynamite' roll, complete with mixed seafood and lots of seasonings. I'm not sure which I liked more since they were both great.


Dynamite roll on the left, Super Crunch roll on the right.


My boyfriend Justin got the item called Four Company. This included Sugar Snap Peas (or Snow Peas), Baby Corn, Asparagus, and Straw Mushroom Stir-Fried in Chef's Wine Sauce with Chicken. Besides the mushrooms, he ate all of it! We also ordered sides of white rice.

Four Company with Chicken


Overall I was very satisfied with this restaurant. I had no complaints at all! With the Scoutmob deal, we got $15 off our meal, which was like a free entrée. They also had Teriyaki items, Curry and a la carte Sushi on their menu. I will definitely go back, Scoutmob deal or not.

There are many good sushi spots in Atlanta, but I am always open for recommendations! Please let me know if you have any that are a must. (I will make sure to add it to my never-ending food bucket list.. that sucker just keeps growing).



Peace, love and chopsticks,



No comments