Dreamy Destination: Visiting the Dominican Republic


Hey y'all! This past week I was able to leave behind work emails, laundry, and Atlanta traffic and jet set off to the Caribbean! My boyfriend and I were invited to a destination wedding in Punta Cana, DR and we thought... "Why not!? Let's go!" (With months of planning/saving that is, we don't have it that good!) Regardless, this was the biggest trip yet for the both of us, and we were happy to be able get those stamps in our passport books.

I wanted to share some pictures from our resort, as well as some of the wedding on the beach! The bride and groom, Erin and Michael, had a beautiful ceremony and reception; full of a dance floor (in the sand!), fireworks, and even a fire show! 24 of us ventured down to this island together for their wedding, and a great time was had by everyone.


























As always, you wish you would have gotten more pictures once you return from a vacation!

 The wedding was a blast, and one that I will never forget! We ate Dominican food, brushed up on our Spanish way more than we thought we would have needed to, and learned about the Dominican culture. We mostly stayed in the resort, and although I still gained some cultural knowledge (which is very interesting to me), I also feel as if I could have learned SO much more about the country if I would have ventured outside the tourists areas. I did get to see some poverty and oppression; although heartbreaking, this taught me to appreciate and realize just how fortunate we are to be born in a developed country.

This trip was one for the books (literally, my passport book.. ha ha, you can laugh) and as the Dominicans say.. it was 'Excellente!'



Adios amigos, and never stop exploring!





No comments