Atlanta Eats - 8 Places You Must Visit



Atlanta obviously has a great skyline, but [almost] more importantly, it has been placed on the map for having some really, really great food. 

No matter what you're craving, or where in the city you may be, it shall never be a struggle to find a place that will hit the spot and make that tummy of yours happy.

I have created a list of places in Atlanta that I have visited and fallen in love with, and I think it's time you do, too!

Here are my top 8 restaurants (so far):


1) Antico Pizza Napoletana


If you're anything like me, you love pizza and crave it multiple times a week. If you're looking for truly authentic pizza; run, don't walk, to Antico! You will not be disappointed one bit. Even if you're outside the Perimeter, you best make a special trip to this place. Here's an added bonus: There is now a location in Alpharetta at The Avalon!


2) Bone Garden Cantina


I'm truly not sure which I like more- pizza or Mexican food. Bone Garden Cantina has true authentic Mexican food, and it's evident they take pride in that. Believe me when I say authentic- and you HAVE to try their elote! (Grilled corn covered in mayonnaise, with chili powder and parmesan on top!) Top it off with their house margarita and you're set. Located near Howell Mill by i75, this restaurant is tucked away in an eclectic but modern office park. You won't regret coming here (or returning)!


3) Buttermilk Kitchen



If you can handle the wait times, this place will rock your taste buds off. Buttermilk Kitchen is my favorite brunch place in Atlanta that I have visited, and I'm completely fine ordering their chicken biscuit each time I go. I am always torn because I want to try new, delicious things here, but they only serve their chicken biscuit while it's available- I don't want to miss out! The biscuit comes topped with peppered jelly, which is genius. Don't forget the fresh squeezed orange juice either! Anything you order here though will hit the spot and have you coming back for more. Located off Roswell Rd. just west of Buckhead.


 4) Fox Bros BBQ



If you've grown up in the South, I'm sure eating BBQ is a meal you have pretty often in your house. I have gone to numerous BBQ places in the city, but Fox Bros may stand out the most for me. They have been on the show Pitmasters, as well as being rated one of the top BBQ joints in America. Make sure to come early, as finding a parking spot can be tough! Located in Candler Park.


5) Fred's Meat and Bread



Located at Krog St. Market, Fred's Meat & Bread is a walk up counter where you order and then find your seat within the market (tables are all around, though! Think of Krog as a trendy + fancy food court). This restaurant is very much  known for their Philly cheese steaks, but you cannot miss out on their french fries covered in BBQ dry rub! Anyone who has been here has great things to say about the quality of their food, including myself, so that's enough reason to get down to Krog and go! ;)


6) Grindhouse Killer Burgers



The Grindhouse Killer Burgers location near Piedmont Park carries a punk vibe to it with so much character. Famous for their cheeseburgers, they also have a great local + craft beer selection. Yes, there are many well known burger places in Atlanta to try out, but their name doesn't have "killer burgers" in it for nothing. Don't pass by this place! I mean... don't my onion rings look delicious to you!? (PS: they were!)


7) Salt Yard


Salt Yard holds a romantic atmosphere, but is a perfect restaurant to frequent with a group of friends, too! Known for their tapas, it is a great idea to come here and order a bunch of these small plates, and then share them with your table. I love sharing food with friends (and you get to try a little of everything!) and it makes the dinner experience even more memorable. Don't forget to order the brussel sprouts; complete with peppered jelly. They taste like french fries- no joke! Also, the pork empanadas. You just may claim this as the best decision you've made all week. :)


8) Superica


I know there is already a Mexican restaurant on this list, but I did say Mexican food is one of my favorites. This restaurant is also located at Krog St., and boasts some great salsas, pork belly tacos, and live music! I'm serious when I say you have to order these tacos, your life will never be the same! ;) I recently did a restaurant review for Superica, which you can click here to view if you're wanting to know more about this superb restaurant. To put it to you straight, just get there and try it out for yourself. :)


I hope this article helps you in finding a great restaurant nearby, or to inspire you to revisit one! There are many, many other restaurants I could recommend, and maybe one day I will share with you guys my 'Atlanta Food Bucket List,' which holds 5 pages of restaurants (and the location of each). I was so tired of tracking these places in my head, so I had to get them down on paper! Since then the list has flourished and has become very handy.


Any places you guys would recommend to try inside or outside the Perimeter? There are still tons I have not visited or yet discovered in this city! Please let me know in the comments below your top picks!




XOXO,


No comments